Navigation

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Homefront

So far, I have to say on the show floor, THQ's Homefront really stole the show with the incredible marketing.
Share photos on twitter with Twitpic
I arrived at the LACC at around noon, and as expected, parking was an absolute NIGHTMARE. The line to get into the convention center parking was very long because it is relatively cheap ($12) compared to the nearby extort... I mean parking lots which were charging anywhere from $20 to $35 dollars for parking. I one peculiar parking lot across the street from the Staples center (right next to the LACC)... This one was run by North Korean soldiers in full body armor, North Korean flags were all around the lot, and camo was on the fence. It also said "slow down check point ahead." Then I noticed the GIANT Homefront banner on the LACC, so I made the connection....


Anyway, after a frustrating drive around the block trying to find cheap parking, looked at the Homefront Lot again, and this time noticed a sign that said "free parking" under the big lot bilboard that said $25. The side of the  street (going in the opposite direction of the LACC) was basically empty, so I flipped a U-turn, pulled up and rolled down my window, I was approached by a "soldier" who asked me to roll down my rear window, he put a flag on it, and said "enjoy the free parking" and handed me a nice little booklet. Pure WIN.

Later on in the day, I spotted another neat little treat from Homefront's PR team.:

Homefront @ E3 2010


Oh, and they had an awesome booth on the floor too.













No comments:

Post a Comment